Friday, September 7, 2012

Paige's first day of kindergarten

Paige had a wonderful first day of school. She loved it! We live right behind the school, so I was able to walk her over to her class and she was all smiles the whole morning. She didn't seem nervous at all. And since she was so happy, it made me feel more at ease too. I didn't get emotional until I started walking back to our house. I knew she would be fine though. She's a pretty independent little girl. I watched her at recess too, and she seemed to have a great time.
There is a little girl in the school who can't walk without the use of a walker-type thing (I'm not sure what kind of disability she has), and I noticed that she was sitting alone on a bench during recess and Paige kept on waiving to her, and then she would go over and sit by her and talk to her throughout both recesses. That really made me happy.
 










After school:

 Telling me about her day
 
 
Her school is to left of that school bus and we live to the right of this picture. Right next to the walking path. I LOVE being so close. Do you see Costco in the distance? Just behind the bus. This area is so convenient. I rarely have to drive more than like 8 minutes to anything. Except our church is about 15 minutes away, but I guess we can handle that.


I missed Paige all day and wished I could see how she was doing in class, but I also felt like the day was really relaxing. I thought Kate would have a hard time without Paige, but she seemed to understand that Paige was gonna be at school all day and that she would have to entertain herself. I think I will be able to get out of the house more often with just Kate and Halle, so this will be good for all of our sanity. Paige was so ready for this stage of her life. I feel good knowing that she is out there learning so much and growing and being social. I thought all-day kindergarten would be really hard, but so far so good!

3 comments:

mom said...

I can't stop looking at these pictures. They are so cute and I just want to hug you all.

jessica said...

This post made me teary remembering when I took Maya to kindergarten and Edee got left behind. And now Maya is in Jr High, Eden is in 4th grade and C is dying to go to school! How does that happen??? It looks like you live in a great place. I hope you are settling in, I'm still struggling, mainly because we aren't really here for much longer so it's hard to feel settled at all. We still don't know where we are landing and it's killing me!

Jenn Johnson said...

I love the pictures of Paige and Kate hugging!! And I am so impressed that Paige would be so sensitive and sweet to the little girl in her class. What a doll!