In early April we took a week-long trip to San Diego. It was spring break and we wanted to go somewhere sunny and fun. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't so sunny there. It was warmer and sunnier here in Spokane that week, which never happens in April.
My sisters and their kids all joined us for two of the days, which was fun! We had a good trip, but I will just add that it was one of the most exhausting experiences we've had as parents. Traveling with young kids is just hard, no matter what.
Here's what we did...
The Mormon Battalion museum was interesting, but a lot shorter than we thought it would be. It was a super rainy day and we thought it would take up more time. It's worth checking out though. I had never heard the stories they told there.
Sea World:
The kids enjoyed Sea World and it definitely wore them out. Nate and I agreed that it was definitely overpriced though. It cost us several hundred dollars for the day and wow... that's a lot for what you get. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, unless you find an amazing deal or something.
So, this is when I tried to take Paige and Kate on a ride that I thought was fine for pregnant women. When I was about to get on the ride (after waiting in a long line), the worker pulled me aside and asked if I was pregnant and told me it's not safe. There were like 50 people watching. Awkward. I felt really dumb.
Yep, we were all exhausted at the end of the day.
The Lego Store:
We needed to kill some time before picking up my sister from the airport so went to this Lego store and the kids really liked it.
Pacific Beach:
We all ate at a Mexican restaurant one night and it was a little nuts with all the kids. :) Glad we got some pics though. It was fun to have all the grandkids together.
San Diego Zoo:
Totally worth it. It's huge and well-kept and beautiful. So skip Sea World, and just go to the zoo.
Sprinkles Cupcakes:
We went here 3 times and I don't regret it one bit. It's the first cupcake shop ever (they have other locations) and I've always wanted to go. WE LOVED IT SO MUCH. Yum.
San Diego Temple:
Great Wolf Lodge in L.A.:
Because the weather was disappointing in San Diego, we decided to drive up to L.A. and stay at the Great Wolf Lodge one night. It was a good choice. It's a really nice, fun place. We all loved it. It's a hotel and indoor waterpark and it's perfect for kids.
Pacific Beach:
On the plane ride home...
No comments:
Post a Comment