Friday, November 21, 2008

To my fellow Twilight fans...

I know not everyone is a Twilight fan like me, (although it seems that way) but I just got back from seeing the movie, so that's what is on my mind.

NO SPOILERS... I PROMISE. However, if you haven't seen it yet, and plan to, maybe you shouldn't read my opinion because then it might influence your movie experience.

First of all, I loved it. I thought it was very well done. I loved the music! And Robert Pattinson was... mmmm. :) Second of all, I knew going into the movie, that it was not going to compare to the book. That's just impossible. However, I still felt like the relationship between Edward and Bella was just super rushed. I really wish they would have spent maybe 20-30 minutes more to show their courtship (is that a word?) and everything. Do you agree? The movie wasn't long, so they could have added lots more.

So that's what I thought. What about you?

P.S. Has anyone else noticed that its a little depressing each time you stop reading the books and come back to reality? You start to realize that your life isn't super action-packed and romantic. Its kinda sad. Maybe that's just me.

11 comments:

Lorraine and Kelly said...

No it's totally me too. Don't feel bad. When he had his arms on the rock keeping her in between them, do you remember that part, well I just wanted that super romantic attraction back in my life. When the relationship is new and so exciting.

stef j. said...

mmm. delicious. yes, i'm excited to see it tomorrow.

yay!

Mrs. Schmalison said...

I just finished the first two books and I am very anxious to see the movie. My sister is coming into town next week so we are going to see it together but I dont know if I can wait. Im glad that you said that because now I wont expect too much.

Leslierush said...

I LOVED IT!! I just loved it...and yes I agree with the whole bein on a high thing. I've read the books twice cus I just love them. Did you go read "Midnight Sun" yet? It's on the stephanie meyer website and it's Twilight from Edwards perspective, but it's unfinished.

smeltzer family said...

oh ashley ... i love you. You're so cute.

rachele and jordan said...

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I figured Bella and Edward's relationship would be rushed. I just haven't brought myself to spend the $11 and Jordan refuses to see it. So, I'll have to wait.

Stephanie said...

yeah, seth hadn't read the books so he's like, "why do they love each other again?" I was like "cuz". he felt like they hated each other more than loved each other. haha, we know different...

can't wait to read all the books!

Trevor Carver said...

hey so i just saw the movie and i was wondering if i should read the rest of the books you having fread them in like a week, i read the first one?

The Potter Pack said...

Ok ... I am a bigger freak than you !!! I have now seen it FOUR times and I could go a million times more. I absolutely love it !! Even though the books are more detailed -- I wasn't let down. Rob - Yum and Kristen - beautiful. I love the story !! Thanks for sharing the pics !!

The Potter Pack said...

Oh and YES ... I was bummed when I finished reading them ... so, I reread them and felt it all over again !! ps Make sure you read the partial draft (264 pages) on Stephenie Meyer's website of Midnight Sun - it is Edward's point of view for Twilight ... and it is great !! Enjoy!!

Lana and Micah said...

Yes Yes YES! I soOo agree!! I'm kinda sad right now, as you know, because I am hitting reality hard. oh well....I can always fantasize...about being a vampire, can't I???????