Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The latest on our sweet girl




Thank you so much for all of your comments and your prayers. They really helped me. Its nice to know I'm not alone.

I talked to the doctor today and Kate has an inflammed liver. Unfortunately, there are a million different reasons why this can happen, so they have a million tests to do. Many of the tests take a few days to get results. I think we are going to be here for a while. As of now, they still have her on antibiotics until they find out whether or not it is an infection. They want to be ahead of the game, even if its not an infection, since she is so young and can't fight off infection like we can. Its frustrating seeing her get all these antibiotics when we dont even know if she needs them. Not having answers is the worst part.

After today I am planning on going home at night, just to sleep. I will be here all the time other than that. It will be hard not being here, but I need better sleep and I need a tiny bit of normal life.
I'm having a really hard time with the fact that I haven't seen much of Paige over the past 5 days. I miss her sweet face so much. I am so thankful that Nate has a lot of time off from work, so he can be there for her. We also have some of Nate's family close by and they have helped a lot with Paige.

Please continue to pray for our sweet little Kate. I feel like she is going to be ok, but its so hard not knowing what is wrong. I want to take her home (healthy) more than anything in the world right now.

12 comments:

Julie said...

she is so precious ashley! you're in my prayers.. and poor little paige is probably sooo anxious to see her too! i hope you can all go home soon too. take care of yourself too ok? :)

Courtney M said...

Oh im so sorry you can't take your sweet girl home yet! You are in our prayers.

Emily Alexander said...

She looks so sweet, I hope she can come home soon. I'm so sorry you've had to go through this Ash.

Kati said...

What a little sweetie! Congrats on your beautiful little angel. I'm sorry things are rough. Not knowing is the worst. I remember those days with Scarlet. I believe that if you have a feeling that everything is going to be ok, hang on to it and trust that Heavenly Father is watching out for Kate. Everything will work out for all of you. We'll be praying for her!

stef j. said...

she is so beautiful... we are praying for you!!

Stephanie said...

I'm praying and fasting for her. She will get better. It's too bad they don't know the test results. But they know what they're doing.

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

we are praying for her and your whole family. keep up your strength and know we're all here for you! we love you guys!

Jenn Johnson said...

I love you guys! It's so hard to be in the NICU and not be able to go home quite yet! I'm grateful they can monitor and catch things so quickly these days though so Kate can get better as soon as possible. You are in my prayers, too, and I'm thinking about you! Lots of love!

Matti said...

You guys are in our prayers. I wish we weren't so far away so we could provide more than just prayers. Please let us know if there is anything we can do or send your way to give our support. Love you guys.

Heebs and Britt said...

Heber and I have been praying for your family too. It will be okay.

Ashley said...

I feel so sad that you have to go through this. It would be so hard. I pray that the doctors will be able to find something out soon and that you will be able to go home with her soon. It will be good for you to go home and sleep. Poor girl on so many antibiotics :( and some for no reason but it is better to be safe than sorry. You made me cry when you said you are missing out on Paige and her sweet little face. Your sweet family will be in my prayers. Take care!

Holly said...

We'll keep praying for her and your family. She's beautiful, by the way.