This is gonna be me...
(note the expression on her face)

Yep. I'm a "Ramp Agent" at the Spokane Airport. It's gonna be dang hard, but I'm gonna do it. At least for a few months. This past week I was in Denver for a 5-day training course. It was so hard being away from Nate and the girls. I was really bummed about it. But the training was surprisingly fun and interesting. Nate held down the fort really well! The girls were still alive when I got home! Seriously though, he was awesome. The house was spotless and all the laundry was done when I got home.
This was my class:

We had people from all over the West Coast and it was pretty cool.
I'm only going to be working about 12 hours each week, so hopefully it won't be too hard to coordinate with Nate's work schedule. He's really flexible, so I don't think it will be an issue.
In case you were wondering... Yes, I am only doing this for the free flights. I don't think I will particularly enjoy loading luggage into airplanes, emptying lavatories, directing airplanes (can you say terrifying?!!), being away from Nate and the girls, etc., but hopefully the fact that we will be able to take some fun trips together will make it all worth it.
P.S. If you have any questions about getting an airline job, let me know.
10 comments:
Awesome! I know you both have wanted you to be able to have a job with them, so this is perfect! And only 12 hours a week is really great. Have fun flying and just know that any time you fly into AZ you have a place to stay.
Wow! I admire your bravery. The free flights will be worth it, I promise!
Anthony did this before we got married, and still talks about it to this day of being one of the most amazing things he's ever done. While doing it he went to; Rome, Spain, London, Guatamala, and all over the U.S.
Good Luck, and Happy Free/Cheap flying!
sounds like fun. Good luck
Hi! my name is Teryn. I happened on your blog from my SIL's (steph ellersick) and saw this post! I have heard about all the benefits to getting an airport job like this (mainly, free flights!) and then you said they are allowing you to only work 12 hours a week which would be ideal for me bc I have small children too. Can you tell me how you went about getting this job? I live near 2 small airports, like Spokane, down here in Florida. Is there some national website you go to apply? did you just go to the airport? If you got this comment sent to you via email, you should be able to reply to it and that will go to my email account. Otherwise, you can email me at teryn6@gmail.com. I'm so glad I came across your blog and this post specifically! :)
Yay Ash! Good job. I think you'll like it. 12 hrs a week is PERFECT and Nate will be home with the girls, so they won't be off at babysitters. That's so ideal. I'm wicket jealous that you guys will be going on free/cheap trips all over the world. And pretty sweet that mom and dad can get the deal too. Good Luck!!
Hi Teryn- I will send you an e-mail!
Yay For You! I am so excited for you! I would do this in a heartbeat. Don't be surprised if you start a new trend with all of all getting jobs at an airline!
Free flights?! That's all the motivation I need! You've sparked an interest in me...
wow...that is was you were doing? yes, directing planes would be terrifying to me too. I am hoping for a behind the computer job. I really want an airline job. the flight benefits from here would be awesome!
Post a Comment