Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Scratch that

Remember that time I got a job? Yeah, that wasn't a good idea. I quit on Sunday. From the day I got hired (about 3 weeks ago), I felt intense anxiety about it and I really felt like it was not right for me. But I went along with it anyway because I didn't want to be a wuss. Plus, Nate was super excited about free flights and I didn't want to let him down. But as the days went on I felt more and more like I should quit. So I did. And I feel SO MUCH BETTER!!!



9 comments:

Christina said...

You're not the only one- my working only lasted 2 weeks!!

I keep having to be reminded that I need to follow my intuition.... dang it!

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

Well, can't say that I did much longer at my stint working for the airlines :) I lasted 7 weeks I think (mind you training was 6 weeks long :)

Good job listening to your intuition and hopefully Nate took it ok :)

Courtney M said...

Good for you! I can't tell you how many times ive done that haha

The Potter Pack said...

You are freakin' hilarious to me !! lol ... I just love you ! I haven't cked your page in a bit ... so, I was shocked to hear you had a job and then laughed that you already quit! (that pic posted below of the unhappy girl guiding the planes and you saying - yep - this is going to be me ... was awesome !! I would do it for the free flights too ... but you are such a cute mommy and what you were feeling about working and being away from the family and ending that job ... was probably because you are where you are suppose to be - Home !

Stephanie said...

oh well you tried.

jessica said...

I happen to be a big believer in following your gut because that is usually the spirit speaking to you...way to listen to it!

rachele and jordan said...

It's a bummer you guys aren't going to get the free flights, but you gotta do what feels right. I probably would've quit too if I had to work on the ramp- and I didn't know you guys had to clean the bathrooms on the plane-yuck.

Teryn said...

Oh wow! you quit already?? Funny you say that you just didn't feel right about it.. I was totally drawn into all the perks too, which is why I emailed you about it, but, since I've been looking into it I've been feeling like it just isn't right for me either.. *sigh*.. those free flights would've been NICE ;)

Matti said...

I'm proud of you for doing what you felt like you needed to do!