Yesterday was the Tacoma Narrows Half-Marathon and it was such a great experience! The route had lots of variety, and I was able to chat with my awesome high school friend, Jenn, the whole time (well, except for the hilly parts). It was just so much fun and so exciting! I finished in 2 hrs 22 min. I didn't really have a goal for my time, but I sort of wish I would have pushed myself a little more. I know I could have run a little faster, but my main goal was to just enjoy the run and take it all in. I think next time I will set a time goal and run faster, but this time was just fun and enjoyable. It was so awesome. I would highly recommend doing a race like that. It was a bummer that me, Sarah, and Jenny ended up running separately, but we all finished and we were happy and proud.
Jenn and I almost to the finish line. Best feeling EVER!!!
Sarah and Trent
That's one lucky orange. ;)
Sarah, Jenn, Jenny, and me after the race
I have to say... I have some pretty amazing and inspiring friends. Jenny ran the race with super sore knees, which is pretty dang miserable. And Sarah ran on a sprained ankle!! Geez, they're tough. Good job, girls! We did it!
I forgot to mention this little conversation I had with Paige when I got back to Nate's parents' house after the race:
Paige: Mom! Did you win?
Me: No, but I finished the race and I had a fun time!
Paige: (Very disappointed/confused face) You didn't win?
Me: No, but it's OK. It was still fun!
Paige: But you didn't win?
Ha ha ha. She asked me that several more times that day.
12 comments:
Wow! Congratulations to ALL of you, I totally miss all those Gig Harbor Gals, it was fun to see them. Props to you, there is no way I could run a half-marathon. Hopefully someday...
Oh my gosh Ashley! Way to go! You look really skinny. I think you are awesome :)
What a cool experience! I'm so glad you had a great time and got to do it with great friends! Next year, lets do it as sisters! And friends!
And you look amazing, so skinny!
You are all awesome. What an accomplishment.
I am so glad it went well and that you enjoyed it! You ladies worked hard but made it seem fun. Congrats! You are an inspiration!
Yeeeeeeeehaaaaawwwww! You did it! You're amazing, and that 13.1 mile run is something no one can take away from you. Doesn't it feel great to know just how capable you are? Great job, great time, and you look fantastic!
Congrats! That's amazing work that you did it! And incredibly awesome that you loved it and had fun. Good for you Ashley! You look great and look like you had a blast!
That is great! I wish I could have been there with you girls.
I have been waiting for this post! I am so glad you had a great experience. Having that first race under your belt is so empowering. Way to go!
I'm so glad you did it!! A 1/2 marathon is a pretty big accomplishment. Good job Ashley!
Way to go!! You guys are amazing!!
Wow! Good job Ash! I'm glad that you got to catch up with your friends and enjoy it. Haha Paige is funny.
Post a Comment