I just read that one study found that women with severe nausea and vomiting in the first trimester were 50% more likely to be having a girl.
I've had pretty bad nausea/vomiting with all of my pregnancies. I wonder if I'm having another girl.
From your experience, do you think this study is true? In the past I've heard that bad morning sickness means you're probably having a girl, but I just thought it was an old wives tale.
17 comments:
In my case I was much more sick with Patrick than I was with Elena. I think it just depends on the woman and how the hormones react with your body. I don't think its the same with everyone. If you are feeling the same as you did with your first two perhaps you are having another girl.
Mine was pretty much the same with all 3 hardly anything, and even less with Ellie (my only girl) I think it's all in the genes. :)
Ok Laura, that's just not fair. :) But seriously... that's not faaaaaaiiiirr!!!!
Doesn't this also mean than you are 50% more likely to have a boy. you know, 50-50.
That's what I've heard... and that's what the doc's in the ER tell the preggo girls too that come in all sick. So maybe! You make cute girls though! Congrats on the new baby.
Not true for me.... I was on medication through all 3 pregnancies for nausea and still puked my guts out and was even hospitalized once... and I have 3 boys.
i didn't have it very bad and i had a boy.
Carson was my worst. So sorry Ashley! Hopefully it will end soon?!
Mom-
50% more likely to be having a girl means that if there is normally a 50/50 chance you will have a girl then there is now more like a 75% chance because 50% more of 50 is 75. Get it?
So the study wasn't saying if you have bad morning sickness there is a 50% chance you will have a girl. They are saying there is a 75% chance.
But that's just one study. Who knows.
um no expert but i am thinking it depends on the woman and each pregnancy different. I've only had one girl and my pregnancy was a dream, no morning sickness, nausea or anything else. I only had mild symptoms the last 2 weeks before having her.
Well, I (literally) almost die each time I get pregnant, and they were all boys :)
I heard this all the time, though, and thought, "Oh good heavens, if that is true I am SCREWED if I ever get a girl."
haha! Good luck girl. Hang in there.
My bad. I believe you. You are the one who got an A in statistics.
It was true for me. I asked my OB, and she said that she finds it to be true, but that every woman has their own scale. I was still much sicker with my son than many are with their girls, but that was my personal best pregnancy. Looks like you're getting another girl.
I was way more sick with Dylan. I think bc it was so foreign to my body. Every pregnancy has gotten better in terms of sickness. (but Dylan - being my 1st ... I had to go on Zofran ... and with the others I didn't - including Zoie.)
Totally false. I lost 25 pounds and was hospitalized 3 times with David. So if your statistic is accurate, I don't want to know what pregnancy would be like if I were having a girl.
It was true for me, I was MUCH sicker with Avery.
In my mind Eden was my worst. But that could have just been becaue I didn't know what I was getting myself into. Tex, I don't think was quite as bad as Eden, and our new BOY made me pretty sick too. It's hard for me to put each pregnancy on a scale of 1-10 for sickness. But, I was definitely sick with all of them. When do you find out what you are having????
Post a Comment