Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Changes

Big changes are coming in the Carter family. Nate got a new job and we will be moving to the Portland/Vancouver area in the next 3-4 weeks. I can hardly believe it. We've been here in Liberty Lake for close to 5 years now and we have really liked it. It's so hard to leave such a good place, a good ward, good friends, and our family.

I'm really excited about a new adventure and I think Portland will be fun, but if you talk to me in person, I might start crying if you ask me about the move. Moving is just hard. I think I always cry when I have to move, but this time is different. We've really created a life here, we have family here, we had our girls here, our first house is here, etc. We will miss this place so much.

But again... I really am excited and happy about this. Nate is so excited about this new job. It's a medical sales position with Olympus (they make cameras and medical equipment). He will be selling surgical endoscopy equipment and he starts in mid-April.

You may have noticed that I'm in my last few weeks of pregnancy. Yeah, I'm due May 5th and we're moving about 3 weeks before that. Yikes. The timing is definitely not ideal, but oh well. We moved here 2 weeks before I had Paige and it turned out OK.

We have a lot to do in the next few weeks: put our house on the market, clean and pack like crazy (the company is not moving us. bummer.), find a house to rent, find a new doctor, etc... It's overwhelming, but exciting.

So that's our big news. I've created a blog about our house for sale, so if you know of anyone who might be interested feel free to refer them to it. Thanks! :) http://rockyhillhomeforsale.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, Ashley! That is exciting! I totally understand your emotions. I have moved so many times growing up and Nick and I are actually moving out of our house in a couple of weeks. This move will be sad, more the same reasons your move will be sad. I wish you luck.

My aunt and uncle live in Portland. I should find out where exactly for you :)

Stephanie said...

I am sad for you that you are moving away from all your friends and family. I hope you will be able to find some cool people where you're going! So does this change your plans of staying in Spokane for when the baby comes?