Saturday, October 25, 2008

Problem Solved...

Back in September, I blogged about the fact that I couldn't find the motivation to work out regularly. I've always wanted to be super fit (who doesn't?) and I wanted to learn to LOVE exercise. Well, I think I'm getting there. I've been working out 5-6 days a week for the past month or so, and I really enjoy it. I have a membership at Anytime Fitness and I love that place. They have gyms all over the country and I can use any of their gyms at anytime. Its open 24 hours and there are no employees there from 7pm until like 9am or so. I usually go late at night and I'm oftentimes the only one there. I feel like its my own little escape. Its a little creepy being alone, but there are cameras everywhere, so if something bad happens to me, at least its on tape. (insert nervous laughter here) Anyway, I think one thing that has helped me a lot is buying some new workout clothes that I actually like. It sounds shallow, but feeling super frumpy at the gym is very demotivating. So now I'm more excited to get my fun clothes on and get moving. Plus, I oftentimes wear my athletic clothes around the house, so I dont have an excuse when it comes time to work out. I'm already ready to go! I hope I continue to enjoy working out. I'm on a roll here! Plus, I've lost 3 lbs and that is great motivation also. I look almost exactly like the girl in the photo above. Minus the flat tummy and toned arms. Oh, and my butt isn't quite as firm. Neither are my legs. But other than that, we could be twins. Ha ha.

4 comments:

Leslierush said...

High five girlfriend...i'm still trying to learn to love exercise. Oh and ya when I first saw that pic at the top I totally thought it was you...i was even gonna compliment your new blonde hair.

Ashley said...

I think you could be twins personally. That is so awesome that you have lost 3 pounds already. Way to go! Keep up the good work! I would be terrified to be all alone in a public place but I seem to freak myself out. I would totally go with you. Too bad we live a million miles away. Go Ashley, go Ashley!

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

i'm very impressed that you are working out so much and that you've lost weight! that's so cool that you really like your gym too. i like the idea of getting the cute work out clothes too....i should consider doing that, b/c it would make me feel better about working out and looking good! yeah for yoU!

rachele and jordan said...

I'm excited you're working out. Keep it up! And good workout clothes make a huge difference.