The bad news is that I am really sick, and it lasts all day long. I'm trying not to complain too much, but its really hard feeling so awful all the time. I feel like I can hardly function lately.
Luckily, the good news totally outweighs the bad news. Phew. But still... this is hard.

9 comments:
Y A Y for puking your guts out!!!
I get VERY sick too. I just try to remember that some people would give anything to just be pregnant. I'm sure you don't have any trouble remembering that. I have learned a few things about the best puking practices. The most important is: keep your head low, face point out (not down). This keeps grossness out of your nose. Also, Zofran ($40 per pill) has a brand-new generic ($4 per pill). It helps a lot.
Feel free to delete this comment once you read it. It's graphic, but I guess your picture is too.
We like the good news and feel the bad right along with you !! I am 29 wks and still get weasy every once in awhile - but I have been there with the everyday all day long feeling - good luck ... we are so happy your numbers doubled !!
Oh man, I am so sorry. But so happy for you! I remember when I was pregnant with David every time I puked I had to remind myself "you wanted this"! :) It took us a few years to conceive with him so I felt the gratitude of being pregnant and the annoyance of being also. My advice? Zofran - just like Elke said. Also, some people will try to tell you that eating crackers and lavendar lollipops will help. They are wrong! I threw up for 9 months straight, regardless of what I ate. So my advice is to eat things that will also taste okay coming back up. Gross, I know, but essential. Curry, mexican, chinese - not so great. Ice cream, watermelon, yogurt - fantastic. That's my 2 cents.
I'm happy to hear that you are still pregnant. I've been wondering how things are going. I'm way sad to hear that you are so sick. There isn't a worse feeling (to me anyway) than feeling nauseous and throwing up and having it last all day. I wonder if your doctor could give you something to take? Good luck!
Yay for being pregnant!!!
Where you as sick with Paige? I remember you looking green in class a few times...
Elke is correct in the angle thing I figured that one out during the second pregnancy.
Do you have Diclectin there? It doesn't stop the puking but it really helps you have times of feeling better during the day. Gravol helps too but check with your doc before taking it. If not taking B-6 vitamins sometimes helps. Other things I've heard are ginger tea, sucking on something (I would suck on tums all day long!), sea sickness bracelets, acupuncture and throwing up first thing in the morning before you even try to eat. Oh and sleeping... you can't puke (atleast as much) if you're asleep!
Hope you feel better soon!
hang in there! i'm sure nate will take care of you! congrats by the way, don't know if i said that! i actually have a friend here that's going through the same exact chain of events as you. i'm so excited for you!
congrats and i'm so excited that you have good news :) the bad news stinks, but hang in there, you can do it! i started reading to breanna in bed lots during the first trimester, just brought books or little toys she could play with next to me if i was feeling too sick to move.
also, this is random, but i was able to eat and keep things down a lot more if i was drinking soda. i know some people have the reverse effect, but if i had sprite, root beer, orange soda, etc....the carbonation made me burp a lot and that kept me from throwing up! (i still threw up during the day, but not as much).
i rarely drink soda EVER, but i was drinking 3 to 4 cans a day that first trimester, in between snacking and the burping helped settle my stomach. it's worth a try, but i know everyone is different and it might or might not work for you :)
sorry for the long comment. also, yes, it is miserable here, 106 degrees yesterday, aaahhh :( keep yourself as cool as possible b/c i can imagine the heat is not helping you at the moment. yesterday we used cold wet washcloths....cold showers and going anyplace that had air conditioning!!
I'm sorry you're sick, that's so hard! Can you get medicine that will help? I would ask your doctor so that you can function during the day! I'm so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment