If you were gonna by a sofa, what material would you want it to be made of? I don't know what is best, and this is a big purchase. The sofa I have now is microfiber and I like the fact that it cleans super easily, but I'm not sure I like the look of it. What do you think? I know, this is not a very exciting question, but oh well.
6 comments:
We just bought a new set of furniture, a chair, couch and loveseat and the fabric is chenille. I love it!! We got them in a darker brown so stains would be harder to see but so far we havent had any problems. They are comfortable and I would choose chenille again.
We have had some leather couces for several months and I love them because they're so low maintenance. We have thick leather though. Not the soft finish kind. I'm talking the thik, Sam's club, shiny finish kind. Love love love.
If I didn't have kids I would really really want chenille. I think they're the prettiest. My mom has one. They hold up pretty well to kids, but they're wicked hard to clean (well, harder than leather anyway). And Grace has already highlighted their sofa and painted her nails on it. All of the stuff came out, but not without some serious elbow grease.
I love my microfiber couches! SO easy to take care of, but sometimes they get really staticy....have you noticed that?
We have a futon for a couch, so I have no expertise in this area,but I have to start looking for a couch for when we move to Vegas. I like leather, but it's tough to decide. There are so many couches out there.
so I love leather and mirco. I love how they both clean really well. long term I don't know which last longer but my paren'ts have a leather couch they have owned since I was like in 4th grade that still looks pretty good. It really depends what style of leather you get (if that makes sense) the more porous in my opinion cracks and so forth sooner which makes it look older. I really like mirco fiber but who knows if it will be a fad or not. Leather has always been in for as long as I remember. Or you could just get one from IKEA and change the cover. there's my 2 cents
My personal favorite is LEATHER. We got a dark brown leather, more modern looking. I like leather because if you spill you can just wipe it off especially with men or kids in the house haha. I like it being more firm too oppose to a fabric couch. I also think that leather can stay looking nice longer, it is easy to maintain and clean. I put lotion leather on ours quite frequently to keep it nice. Well that is my two cents.
Post a Comment