

Overall, motherhood has been wonderful so far. I have really loved it, and it hasn't been too stressful or crazy. But unfortunately, I've gotten Paige into some bad habits that I've realized must be changed ASAP. And here's where some tough love has come in lately. It involves her sleep habits. First of all, she has to be nursed to sleep. That is what she is "used to" and its all my fault. And second, she sleeps with us! Yikes. I know- its not a good idea. But it all started when I was an exhausted new mom and I figured out how easy it was to nurse laying down in bed. So now that she is
7 months old, I am really putting my foot down. :) It took me long enough. So the past few nights we have started putting her in her crib at night to sleep. She is not happy about it, to say the least. It has been absolute torture to hear her cry, but I know it must be done. I almost gave up many times, but Nate set me straight. Last night she finally fell asleep after an hour and 20 minutes of fussing/crying/playing in her crib. It was a miracle because it took even longer the first night. I really think she is going to get used to this and I bet tonight will be even better. I am so glad that I have finally decided to be the parent here! Nate has wanted to do this for a long time, but I've been hesitant. I can't wait for the teenage years. I'm gonna be such a push-over. Crap. These pictures are from her nap today. It was rough doing it alone this time since Nate's working.
2 comments:
Good job Ashley!!!! You will be so happy once she is used to this and goes to bed easily!! That is so hard to hear them cry! Way to go!
i'm very proud of you! it is NO fun hearing your baby cry, believe me, i understand.
since breanna's been sick lately she gets up alot at night, 3-4 times, where a month ago she would sleep 12 hours straight through. so.....i'm having to do the same thing with her, the "tough love" thing b/c she got so used to me rocking her back to sleep when she was sick, now she's waking up and crying....yuck.
it's really sad, but i too need to be strong b/c it's just getting worse, not better. i have a hard time at night b/c it's so much easier to just rock her back to sleep, it takes like 5 minutes or less versus 15-30 min. of crying if i don't do it.
you're awesome.
Post a Comment